First update in a long while !
As you may have noticed, I have basically not been taking care of AAO for a year, and because of me, a lot of changes and bugfixes were held back.
Indeed, even though I was away, development on AAO didn't actually stop : Enthalpy fixed quite a few bugs over the time and improved the code base - but since I wasn't here to integrate his changes and upload them to the actual site, you didn't get to enjoy the changes.
Well, it's time for a rather big update today !
New features :
- Custom text colours (Enthalpy)
- Player in debug mode can be opened directly from Manager (AceAttorneyMaster111)
- Confirmation dialog on deleting a trial (Unas)
- Confirmation dialog on closing the editor when there are unsaved changes (Unas)
Technical updates :
- Simplify the code of the old format converters. This removes a lot of duplicated code. (Enthalpy)
- Trial object model extraction, as well as extension engine. This enables adding new types of trial data easily, while still ensuring compatibility with old trials where this data was not set. (Unas)
- Diff & Patch engine for JS objects to replace the complex and buggy BufferWrapper implementation. This new engine now powers the game save mechanism, as well as the new confirmation dialog checking changes made in the editor. (Unas)
- Issue #2 : Critical failure where, given a certain sequence of actions, The cocouncil End Frame could disappear and desynchronise with the editor layout. (Enthalpy)
- Issue #38 : Inconsistent ordering of trials in series. (Enthalpy)
- Issue #108 : Impossible to examine a default place. (Enthalpy)
- Issue #125 : Some old trials failed to be converted to the new format. (Enthalpy)
- Issue #155 : Presets could save an out-of-date frame (Enthalpy)
- Fixed German translation (ThePasch and Evolina)
Issue numbers reference the AAO issue tracker : https://bitbucket.org/AceAttorneyOnline ... ine/issues
As you see, no huge change yet for users; mostly a few comfort improvements, a lot of bugfixes and some technical changes behind the scenes.
Hopefully, however, those are the start for some interesting things to come - provided I don't disappear again !