★ Trial: Silence of the Turnabout ~ Best Trial of All-Time!

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Modérateurs : EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Règles du forum

★ Trial: Silence of the Turnabout ~ Best Trial of All-Time! 

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 2:16 am

UPDATE: Silence of the Turnabout was voted Best Serious Trial of All-Time in the first Ace Attorney Online Annual Awards!! Of course, it also won the Von Karma Award, so don't think it'll be a walk in the park ;)

Silence of the Turnabout ~ Day 1
Silence of the Turnabout ~ Day 2
WARNING: Spoilers for a certain T&T case (but not 3-5; I'm being ambiguous because I don't want to give it away xD). Who the killer is in this T&T case is revealed (although this person is obviously the killer); at one point, you will have the option of telling Trucy about this person, and choosing the "Spoil her" option will spoil the entire case. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

All right! Here we go...

Some of you might remember Prosecutor Manella's World of Justice fangame from a while ago. (Actually, I don't know if he has an account here. He has one on Court Records, either way.) Well, I designed a case for it, but then the project kind of died. So I had this entire case script, and decided that I might as well make the case.

So I did.

And the link is above.

...That's pretty much all I have to say. The case was originally 2 investigation phases and 2 trial phases, but since I thought the investigations were boring I cut them out. (Don't worry, I compensated for it! You'll see as soon as you start playing...) That means you just have exciting trials!

I spent a lot of time adding in little extra details not part of AAO to make the game more enjoyable, so I hope you really like it and have fun! (Examples being Vera's drawings, and mouths not moving when thinking.)

Also, since this was part of Prosecutor Manella's fangame, it's an alternate timeline where Phoenix has his badge back after the trial seven years ago. But I don't know how he got his badge back, or what the overarching storyline of the game was going to be, or anything like that, so just enjoy the case for it's AU-standalone-goodness, 'kay?

Anyway, day 2 is already written, so that will be released once I finish coding it into AAO. The only custom stuff is some evidence that I'm doing myself. There is one of those flashback-action-screenshot-image-thingies that someone is working on for me, but it isn't essential (although it will make the trial a whole lot better) and I'm not going to wait for him to finish it to release the trial. So it shouldn't be too long!

All-righty then... that's pretty much it. (I guess I did have more to say...) Play the game, and have fun! And please tell me if you find any typos or bugs or just anything that I can do to make the game better.

Walkthrough, courtesy of BB:
Spoiler : Day 1 :
Present Door at statement 5

Press statement 5, present Vera's profile at statement 6

Present Drew or Alita's profile at statement 10. There's another way to do this part, I CANNOT be bothered to find out what it is.

Answer:
Murderer, Alita, Murderer, Alita, Drew, Alita, Murderer, Alita, Drew, Alita, Murderer

Press everything

Make an accusation

Present Vera's profile

Present Alita's profile

Present Deadly Bottle
Spoiler : Day 2 :
Present Key

Present Deadly Bottle

Present Key

Present Drew Studio Diagram at statement 3

Present Drew Studio Diagram

Present Vera's profile at statement 2

Press everything, present Newspaper Clipping at statement 4

Present Forged Painting at statement 4

Present Newspaper Article at statement 6

Present Fingerprinting Report at statement 6

Present Forged Painting at statement 5

Present Vera's profile

Present Diary Page (No really, just go with it)

Present Newspaper Article at statement 4

Present Key at statement 3

(Optional) Present Fishy Painting and Vera's Sketchbook for a happy ending
Dernière édition par Bad Player le Jeu Mai 12, 2011 2:28 am, édité 5 fois.
Bad Player

Message(s) : 7070
Genre: Masculin
Langues parlées: American

Re: Silence of the Turnabout (Day 1 Complete!) 

Message par Hodou Okappa » Sam Mai 30, 2009 4:35 am

It's definitely entertaining. Nonetheless, expect a typo list from Henke once he gets here. ^_^ In the meantime, mind if I drop a few style tips?

• Summary =/= Investigation. You really should have left the investigations in there, or re-written the beginning of the trial scene to give necessary information as if there never was one. Listening to Phoenix's summary just made me wish I had played through it.
  • Dramatic gestures, such as Klavier and Phoenix's pointing animations or witness's shocked poses, almost always come accompanied by sound effects. When an epic finger point comes in total silence, it's very noticeable.
  • When a contradiction is found, it's usually best to give a couple text boxes of silence before starting the music. That epic beat should be held off until Phoenix makes the shocking revelation.
  • Please, NEVER make a cross-examination that long ever again. The limit is 8 statements.

P.S. Maes Hughes FTW
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Hodou Okappa

Message(s) : 5087
Langues parlées: English

Re: Trial Showcase: Silence of the Turnabout (Day 1 Complete!) 

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 12:20 pm

• Well, the first investigation was stupid. Here's the walkthrough: (1) Exhaust all of Drew's talk options. (2) Exhaust all of Ema's talk options. (3) Exhaust all of Vera's talk options. Also, the investigation would require a lot of custom stuff, which I have seen kill a project several times. Plus people tend to enjoy the trials more than the investigation, so I thought it wouldn't be that bad >_> (I think the investigation is boring. I'm not going to have fun doing it, so I'm not going to. I have a script for it; if you want to read it to get that investigative experience or make it yourself or whatever, be my guest.)
  • Hm, really? Never really noticed that... (Paid more attention to the music :P) I might go back and add that, then... (and I'll keep that in mind for part 2)
  • Didn't I only do that for the first contradiction? ...Yep. Anyway, pushed it back 2 frames. (It's not like it plays that long... can't push it back that far ^^')
  • Heh, I won't, don't worry. That was just a one-time fun thing :P And it hurt me as much as it hurt you... putting in that many statements pushed a lot of stuff in the trial maker off-screen! (Like the wait-timers and further.) (In part 2, the trial never ends, not the testimony.)

P.S.: YES
Bad Player

Message par henke37 » Sam Mai 30, 2009 12:30 pm

I can't even find a single typo here. But I have to agree with okappa, you did have somewhat poor audio timing.
Currently working on a trial engine in Flash. I am looking for assistance.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer

Message(s) : 3030
Langues parlées: Swedish,English

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 12:34 pm

henke37 a écrit :I can't even find a single typo here. But I have to agree with okappa, you did have somewhat poor audio timing.

Did I have poor audio timing on anything beside that first contradiction? o.O
(I'm grouping the issue of "including sound effects at all" and "timing" separately ^^')

Specific comments help me the most. (Like okappa's about the contradiction music was pretty good!)

Although I myself don't like the abrupt cut-off of the music =\ (Can't change that, tho...)
Bad Player

Message par henke37 » Sam Mai 30, 2009 12:50 pm

I do have to compliment you on taking the time to write interesting failure conversations, good that I checked the source.
Currently working on a trial engine in Flash. I am looking for assistance.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer

Message(s) : 3030
Langues parlées: Swedish,English

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 1:36 pm

henke37 a écrit :I do have to compliment you on taking the time to write interesting failure conversations, good that I checked the source.

Heh, thanks. It's too bad that the ones I think are the best are the ones no one will ever do. (Trucy, Klavier, and the bottle...)

Anyway, I've updated the trial with a bunch of new sound effects!! (Most of the shockeds... >_>)
Bad Player

Message par Meph » Sam Mai 30, 2009 2:06 pm

This trial has the potential of becoming featured, but you'll need to release part 2 before that can happen. There's also some presentational problems that need sorting out before that can happen.
Meph

Message(s) : 13435

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Meph a écrit :This trial has the potential of becoming featured,

Yay! :larry:

but you'll need to release part 2 before that can happen.

'kay...

There's also some presentational problems that need sorting out before that can happen.

...Such as?
Dernière édition par Bad Player le Sam Mai 30, 2009 2:53 pm, édité 2 fois.
Bad Player

Message par Meph » Sam Mai 30, 2009 2:51 pm

bad player a écrit :
There's also some presentational problems that need sorting out before that can happen.

...Such as?

1. You've used dashes instead of starting a new line.
2. In some places, you've used so much text/dialogue that the dialogue box has to increase it's height to make room. You need to split the text into separate rows in the trial maker.
Meph

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 2:59 pm

1. I did that because whenever I would save and reload it, it would delete the line break! For example,

Bio: Drew's daughter. She is a talented artist, and is also very shy.

Would turn into:

Age: 19Gender: FemaleBio: Drew's daughter. She is a talented artist, and is also very shy.

If you know how to do it so it doesn't change like that, I'll do it.

2. But that happens on a lot of other featured trials, too! (I know one where it goes up to six lines!) *sigh* Can I at least just cut down the 5-liners and keep the 4-liners? (I mean, there are some lines--especially testimonies--that are really hard to cut down.)
Bad Player

Message par Meph » Sam Mai 30, 2009 3:14 pm

That is a bug which you need to report to Unas in the bugs forum. ;)

I'm going to edit your trial to see if it works for me. Do not edit your trial in the next five minutes. ;)

EDIT: It works fine for me. :?
Meph

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Hmmm.... I'll do some playing around to see if I can find out exactly when it happens, and then I'll make a bug report.

I also played through the entire trial and got all of the 4+ lines, so I'll work on those.

EDIT: I can't get the line breaks to go away anymore o.O Oh well, I suppose that's a good thing, right? ;) I'll make a bug report when/if it happens again... (And it did happen! I didn't use dashes for nothing!)

And thanks for going through the entire thing and making all the line breaks! O_O (I thought you would just do one, or one of each type, or something...)
Dernière édition par Bad Player le Sam Mai 30, 2009 3:50 pm, édité 1 fois.
Bad Player

Message par Meph » Sam Mai 30, 2009 3:48 pm

bad player a écrit :I also played through the entire trial and got all of the 4+ lines, so I'll work on those.

Are you using the Phoenix Wright font? :)

bad player a écrit : (And it did happen! I didn't use dashes for nothing!)

I believe you. This is a very weird bug. But don't wait until it happens again. I want you to report it now. :maya:
Meph

Message par Bad Player » Sam Mai 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes :P I just downloaded it today, too. :larry: (I noticed that little download at the bottom of the page today, too...)
Bad Player

Suivant

Retour vers Your Trials